The secret to making a great curry is blending a range of aromatics such as ginger and onions. Fortunately for us, we can use curry paste to speed up the process. We still get the oompf factor in this Thai Mushroom Yellow Curry without the long cooking time.
1 inch young ginger
2 shallots or small onions if not available
2 small carrots
1 packet oyster mushrooms
1 jar yellow curry paste
1 head broccoli
1 tbsp coconut oil
300 ml coconut milk
- Preheat oven
- Place all the ingredients on the work surface
- Cut the broccoli and place in the oven on a baking tray for 15-20 minutes
- Peel & slice the ginger, shallots and carrot lengthways
- Slice mushrooms keeping it chunky
- Add the coconut oil to a heavy-based frying pan
- Add the sliced vegetables and stir fry until carrots are soft
- Add 3 tbsp of the curry paste and stir fry until fully combined
- Add the coconut milk and simmer on low heat until sauce thickens
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and serve alongside the completed Thai Mushroom Yellow Curry
- Thai Mushroom Yellow Curry is also nice with steamed jasmine rice. But since I tend to keep my evening meals low carb so I serve it with roasted veg. You could try it with my Cauliflower Rice if you would like a rice substitute.
- I like to use these simple curry pastes with no added sugars or preservatives for speedy home cooking. It’s excellent for the days when you’re craving the warmth of a curry dish but don’t have hours to spend on making one. The red curry version is also brilliant!
- Serving Size: 2