A comforting creamy mushroom & pea (gluten free) pasta dish, that is nutrient dense and a great way to add detoxing greens into your meals.
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves sliced garlic
1 white onion
3 tbsp mixed herbs
1 pack mushrooms
1 tbsp gluten free flour
1 cup garden peas
1 cup vegetable stock
½ cup plant based mylk
½ tsp pink salt
1 tbsp black pepper
½ packet of cooked bean pasta
- Finely chop your onion and garlic
- Heat your oil and fry off the onions till soft then add the garlic until cooked
- Add your mushroom and then dried herbs, and fry to release flavours
- Add your flour and saute off before adding peas
- Season well with salt and pepper and then add stock
- Bring to a simmer and when starting to thicken add the mylk
- Give the sauce a good stir and fold in your cooked pasta
- Transfer to a serving plate
- You can use spinach and broccoli as a great nutrient dense option instead of peas.
- This dish works well with most plant based mylks on the market, just choose one that uses unprocessed ingredients.
- Gluten free flour can be made by blending oats at high speed or alternatively using the flour from any grains that are naturally gluten free.
- Finding gluten free pasta in the supermarkets is easy now but look out for the ones made from beans such as edamame or black bean. They are high in protein and less processed than the standard gluten free pastas on the market.
- I prefer to use stock instead of water when making sauces for extra flavour, but you can also use extra seasoning ie fresh herbs, salt to create more flavour if you dont have stock. My stock is always leftover from steaming vegetables.
- Serving Size: 2