Quinoa Overnight Porridge – Gluten free
Quinoa is a gluten free seed known as a superfood originating from South America that makes a great porridge. It’s high in protein and a fantastic alternative to grains such as oats or rice.
It’s a nutrient dense food that often people will say is easier to digest and for breakfast can provide that essential protein to start the day.
Quinoa Overnight Porridge is Gluten Free and full of flavour!
1 cup quinoa Flakes
¼ cup nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds)
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup any dried fruits (sultanas, apricots, mulberries)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup plant based mylk
- Place all the ingredients in a jam jar sized container
- Give a good mix to combine all the ingredients
- Leave in the fridge overnight
- Optional serve with additional fresh fruit
- I enjoy swapping the popular oats out to quinoa which has a higher protein content making it a perfect breakfast choice
- Feel free to substitute the nuts, seed and dried fruit options to whatever you enjoy or have at home
- I use high quality plant based mylks that have no artificial preservatives or processed seed oils, almond, coconut and organic soy are favourites