This was what I was looking for when I wanted a high protein breakfast on the go! It’s wholesome, so easy to put together, and can be easily transformed depending on what topping you use. Oh yes, and it’s gluten free and high in protein. You must admit that a high protein nut and seed bread can accompany many dinner table celebrations too. Full credit to Super Symbiotics for sharing this recipe.
100gm Pumpkin seeds
100gm Sunflower seeds
100gm Whole almonds
100gm Whole walnuts
100gm Sesame seeds
2 tsp Pink salt
3 tbsp Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 130 °C
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl
- Place walnuts and almonds in a food processor and lightly blend keeping chunky
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add the eggs
- Using a large spoon combine all ingredients well
- Pour into a loaf tin and place in the centre of the oven
- Bake for 1 hour
- Once complete leave to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack
- You can slice it and eat it straight away or transfer it to a large container and store it in the fridge
- You can use a different combination of nuts and seeds for this bread
- You can also try a sweeter version by adding dried fruits such as cranberries or savoury with some fresh herbs
- I love this simply with ghee as a spread but jams and chutneys go very well too!
Looking for another high-protein recipe to add to your meal rotation? Try our easy and delicious high-protein egg muffins! These muffins are perfect for a quick and nutritious breakfast or snack. Plus, they’re easy to customize to your taste preferences and dietary needs. Whip up a batch and enjoy a tasty and healthy protein boost anytime, anywhere!