This vegan and gluten-free Polenta Porridge is the perfect base for blueberries & honey. Brilliant for those days when you’re craving a dish that’s warm and grounding. Feel free to substitute your favourite fresh or dried berries.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1–2 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup plant based mylk
- Put the water into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the polenta.
- Reduce heat and stir for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When most of the water has been absorbed add a good splash of your mylk and stir
- When porridge is at your required consistency, remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon.
- Top with blueberries & honey
- Substitute polenta for quinoa or oats
- Substitute blueberries for strawberries, dried cranberries, sultanas or goji berries
- Substitute Cinnamon for vanilla, allspice or pumpkin spice.
- If you’re using raw honey remember to add it once your Polenta Porridge has cooled down slightly as you don’t want to destroy the nutrients.