This is a spin on a Korean egg recipe and the Asian steamed eggs is like a sponge of flavours so I love how adaptable it is and goes really well with steamed plain rice as a main.
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 organic eggs
1 cup asian mushrooms
1 cup stock
1 tsp miso
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp spring onions
- Start by cracking the eggs into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the mushrooms, miso, fish sauce, and one cup of stock or water.
- Grease a clay pot with sesame oil and place it into a larger pot that is half full of simmering water.
- Once the water is simmering, add the egg mixture to the clay pot.
- Cover the clay pot with its lid and let it steam on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check the eggs and stir in the chopped spring onions.
- Cover the clay pot again and continue to steam until the egg mixture is firm but springy to the touch.
- Once done, transfer the steamed eggs to a serving plate.
- A small clay pot is great to steam this but I also make a makeshift bain marie by using a silicone muffin tray, placed in a deep baking tray of water over a gas fire and covered with tin foil.
- I like to serve this dish with steamed rice garnished with sesame seeds.
- Complete your Asian meals with my Mushroom Sesame Stir-fry. Click here for the recipe!
- Serving Size: 2