Drop in for a taste of the Caribbean. These Plantain & Red Pepper Patties can be eaten alone, in a gluten-free bun or topped with some yummy salsas or guacamole for a soulful meal.
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 small Red onion
2 cloves Garlic
1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chilli deseeded
1 tbsp All purpose seasoning
100g Cooked red kidney beans
100g Cooked quinoa
1 large Cooked plantain
Season well with salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in large frying pan
- Dice and saute the onions, garlic and chilli
- Add the all purpose seasoning and heat through with the remainder to release the flavours of the spices
- Add to a mixing bowl
- Then add to the mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients & seasoning
- Using a potato masher, smash the ingredients together keeping the texture chunky
- Now using your hands take a palm size portion of the mixture
- Shape the mixture into patties
- Place on a non stick baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180℃
- Remove from the oven and place onto a serving plate
- The red kidney beans are typical of those used in the Caribbean and help bind the Plantain & Red Pepper Patties.
- If you prefer your food spicier, do keep the seeds of the chilli. You can use other types of chillis or feel free to leave it out altogether if you want to keep it mild.