Pistachio is a decadent flavoursome nut that I just love to combine with a creamy banana to make an indulgent ice cream. With the addition of cacao nibs, we get a dose of superfoods.
2 pre-sliced frozen bananas
100 ml organic unsweetened soy milk
3 tbsp pistachio nut butter
2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place the frozen bananas into a food processor or a high-speed blender
- Add the nut butter
- Add the soy milk, start with less and add as required to assist the blender
- Keeping the mixture thick, blend until creamy
- Using a spoon stir in half the cacao nibs
- Pour into a serving bowl
- Sprinkle with the remaining cacao
- Pistachio nut butter can be more difficult to source but this recipe works well with any nut butter so feel free to try cashew nut or almond butter.
- Look out for nut butters that have minimal ingredients added outside of the nuts.
- You can make a larger batch of this Pistachio & Cacao Ice Cream and store it in the freezer.
- Looking for another ice cream recipe? Try my delicious Papaya & Coconut recipe.