Sesame Ginger Nuts are so moreish. Crunchy, spicy as well as umami, it’s packed full of flavours. It’s brilliant as a healthy snack whilst you’re on the go, or the ideal coffee table snack whilst entertaining. Nuts and seeds are a great source of plant-based protein whilst the spices are great for speeding up digestion.
1.5 cup Almonds
1 cup Cashews
2 tbsp White sesame seeds
1 tbsp Black sesame seeds
1 tbsp Ginger powder
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Orange peel (or 2 drops of orange essential oil)
1 tbsp Chilli flakes
1 tsp Paprika
3 tbsp Liquid aminos (gluten free soy sauce)
2 tbsp Raw honey
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan and add nuts, ginger, orange, chilli, paprika
- Toast on the dry heat to release the oils from the nuts and the spice flavours
- Add the sesame seeds and toast for 1 more minute remove when the nuts are turning golden
- Add liquid aminos and use the heat of the pan to toss and heat through all
- Drizzle in the raw honey and combine well
- Leave to cool before transferring to a glass tight sealed jar
Once you’ve mastered these flavours go ahead and experiment to make this recipe your own. Don’t have any oranges? Try lemons or limes instead. Use your favourite spices to make these Sesame Ginger Nuts into a tasty dish that you can always enjoy.
These Sesame Ginger nuts need to be kept stored in a dry cool cupboard for up to 3 weeks.