If you’ve ever tried a multi-seed cracker from the market you may have thought “These are pretty good” but then….you look at the ingredient list and ask yourself, “Why are there so MANY ingredients and why can’t I pronounce them??”
Well, there’s a better solution. Make them at home!! You get to control the ingredients (you can even swap some in the seeds you like best!). YOU get to taste the REAL flavor of what a cracker should taste like!!
If you love nuts and seeds you are going to want to check out my recipe for Raw Cacao Nut and Seed Bar for a deliciously sweet treat!
1 cup rolled oats
¾ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
⅓ cup sesame seeds (black & white)
4 tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp pink salt
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 160c
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Combine olive oil & water with a fork
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine both mixtures and allow the liquid to absorb for 10 minutes
- Press mixture thinly and evenly on the baking sheet
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- Flip the mixture over by placing another baking sheet on top and tipping over so the bottom of the cracker is now the top
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Let it cool and then break into pieces when it’s ready
Store in a sealed container for up to 1 week
I like to use the crumbs as a garnish on any savoury dish, although often I’ve eaten it by then!