- 600 g cooked kidney beans plus 60ml of bean liquid
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 onion chopped (optional)
- 1 red chilli (seeds removed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine the beans (1/3 at a time), bean juice, red chilli, garlic, oil and onions in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy. If you want a thicker dip add all the beans until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt & coriander and mix with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve with cut up veggies.
- Instead of kidney beans use tinned chickpeas, butter beans, cannellini or black-eyed beans
- Instead of coriander use mixed herbs
- Instead of serving with veggies serve on quinoa/rice, buckwheat crackers or corn chips
- You can use canned beans, wash them well and add 60ml of water instead of cooking bean liquid