This grain & nut free granola recipe is a great alternative to my Nutty Granola recipe. Both are delicious, vegan and gluten-free you get to decide…nuts or no nuts? Another favorite is the Banana Granola recipe. All delicious with different flavour profiles – there’s something for everyone!
Whichever flavor you decide you are going to be blown away by the difference between homemade and store bought granola. No artificial preservatives, stabilisers or excessive amounts of added sugars. Real ingredients that you can taste and whole foods that nourish your body!
1 cup coconut flakes
½ cup dessicated coconut flakes
½ cup high-quality protein powder
¼ cup rice syrup
½ cup sunflower seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
⅛ cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160c
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Combine oil & water with a fork
- Combine the rest of the ingredients
- Press mixture thinly, firmly and evenly on the baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- Flip the mixture over by placing another baking sheet on top and tipping over or taking a large flat spatula & turning large pieces over
- Keep an eye on the mixture as coconut flakes can burn fast
- Bake the other side for another 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Let it cool and then break into pieces when it’s ready
Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Rice syrup is lower GI and makes this more of a keto-friendly option, but other sweeteners can be used e.g., maple syrup, coconut syrup or agave nectar.
The combination of coconut flakes and desiccated coconut will help achieve that crispy coated texture of granola. You may blend flakes to make the desiccated coconut.
Alternative seeds such as chia, pumpkin & flax seeds can be added.