Packed with iron, this Beetroot Hummus is a nutrient powerhouse that is a key player in combating common deficiencies that can zap your energy. Pair it with meat, fish, or roasted veggies for a delightful and nutrient-rich meal Join me in savouring the goodness of this mineral-rich, protein-packed delight – a true energy boost for body and soul.Print
Packed with iron, this nutrient powerhouse is a key player in combating common deficiencies that can zap your energy. But beyond its nutritional prowess, this hummus is a versatile delight. Pair it with meat, fish, or roasted veggies for a delightful and nutrient-rich meal.
½ Cooked beetroot
1 Can of drained chickpeas
1 Clove of garlic
½ Lemon juice
½ tsp Pink salt
¼ cup Warm water (if dry and needed)
- Taking the strained chickpeas and beetroot add to a high speed blender
- Add garlic (optional to roast or fry before) and add to the blender
- Add the fresh squeezed juice of 1 whole lemon
- Add the tahini and salt and if the mixture feels dry add the water as needed
- Blend together until completely smooth
- To increase the protein content and keep it a simple quick meal I love this with a fried egg
- This is most commonly served as a side dip with cut carrots and cucumbers but I mut prefer it with roasted meats, fish or roast vegetables.